In addition to helping you find the best hotels near Disney World we’re also dedicated to doing whatever we can to make sure you have the most epic Disney vacation possible. So to help you prepare, we’ve put together some must-follow tips for planning—and enjoying—your time in Disney. Let’s get started! Getting Prepared: What to Know Before Going to Disney World? You can’t prep for everything, but there are things that you should definitely keep in mind before you hop on the plane or in the car. Such as:
- It’s not always sunshine. Pack a couple options for layering up so that a bit of rain doesn’t totally derail your day.
- Go for the Fastpass. Spend less time waiting in line and more time having fun. A Disney Fastpass is totally free, and allows you to reserve a space for rides and entertainment up to 30 days in advance.
- Stay at off-site Disney hotels with shuttle service. You’ll save a ton of money this way, and you’ll still have easy access to the park every day.
- Start your day early. To beat the crowds, plan to start your days early and enjoy some time at the park before the inevitable rush.
- Hydrate! Walking all day in the hot Florida sun requires plenty of hydration. Bring your own water bottles to save money, and make a point of regularly stopping to take a drink.
- Skip the professional photos. Capturing memories doesn’t have to cost you. Instead of waiting in long lines for professional photos, stage your own similar photos with key characters and sites and spend that money elsewhere.