In addition to helping you find the best hotels near Disney World we’re also dedicated to doing whatever we can to make sure you have the most epic Disney vacation possible. So to help you prepare, we’ve put together some must-follow tips for planning—and enjoying—your time in Disney. Let’s get started!
Getting Prepared: What to Know Before Going to Disney World? You can’t prep for everything, but there are things that you should definitely keep in mind before you hop on the plane or in the car. Such as:
- It’s not always sunshine. Pack a couple options for layering up so that a bit of rain doesn’t totally derail your day.
- Go for the Fastpass. Spend less time waiting in line and more time having fun. A Disney Fastpass is totally free, and allows you to reserve a space for rides and entertainment up to 30 days in advance.
- Stay at off-site Disney hotels with shuttle service. You’ll save a ton of money this way, and you’ll still have easy access to the park every day.
- Start your day early. To beat the crowds, plan to start your days early and enjoy some time at the park before the inevitable rush.
- Hydrate! Walking all day in the hot Florida sun requires plenty of hydration. Bring your own water bottles to save money, and make a point of regularly stopping to take a drink.
- Skip the professional photos. Capturing memories doesn’t have to cost you. Instead of waiting in long lines for professional photos, stage your own similar photos with key characters and sites and spend that money elsewhere.
How Can I Make Our Disney World Vacation Extra Special? This is a question that we see all of the time, and it basically comes down to planning the right mix of activities with perhaps a magical surprise or two (this is Disney, after all!). Instead of just trying to wing it once you get there, map out an itinerary ahead of time so that you can be sure to find time for everything. Make sure to throw in something unexpected too, like a trip to the Animal Kingdom or a late night fireworks show. Here to Help—Every Step of the Way We can help you find the best Disney area hotels in Florida so that you can spend less time stressing about accommodations and more time enjoying your vacay! Our off-site hotel deals ensure you get the same great trip at a much lower price, all without sacrificing on amenities. Head to our Hotels page to learn more.